Every chef needs cutting tools in the kitchen to facilitate the cutting of ingredients. A good chef knows to have a set of knives consisting of different knives, each serving independently in the kitchen. When asked about the must-have knives in every kitchen’s knife set, people mention the chef’s knife, paring knife, utility knife, bread knife, and carving knife because these knives have much use case in the kitchen. But, one knife tool that is underrated and often forgotten is the steak knife.
Is the steak knife a must-have in the kitchen? Well, the answer is yes. Like the knives mentioned above, the steak knife is also a versatile cutting tool used both inside and outside the kitchen. Cooks and bakers use it before preparing a meal and after preparing a meal. Steak Knives like the imarku steak knives are some of the best you can find.
This article highlights why steak knives are a must-have cutting tool in every chef and baker’s knife set.
Reasons Steak Knives Are Must-haves In The Kitchen.
When considering why a tool is essential in a particular place, we first look at how having that tool has benefited the user and owners of that tool. That is, we look at the benefits of owning a steak knife in the kitchen or at home. The reasons (benefits) steak knives are essential include:
- When preparing meat: The steak knife can be used similarly to the paring knife. Its small and short blade makes it easy to use when skinning meat or dicing meat into smaller bits and portions.
- For cutting vegetables and fruits: The steak knife is a great substitute cutting tool for cutting small vegetables. It is also used in dicing fruits and vegetables when preparing fruit salads because it provides the chef with neat and precise cuts without the chef or utility knife. The steak knife can also be used to peel tubers, not for cutting the tubers.
- For cutting fish: The steak knife’s small and portable structure makes it an ideal substitute for cutting the small size of fish. It can also be used in filleting the fish. Generally, it is a great substitute for preparing fishes
- For baking purposes: The steak knife is a great substitute used by the baker because of its small and lightweight structure. This knife can be used to fill cupcakes, cut cakes, or produce small and beautiful pastry cuts.
- For inspecting meat: This benefit comes after preparing the meat and refers to checking to see if the meat is ready. This is one of the ideal benefits of owning a steak knife as it allows the chef to make the precise cut on steaks to check or taste if the meat is ready.
- For eating: This is the benefit of the steak knife outside the kitchen. The steak knife is used at the dining table to cut meat, fish, or vegetable when eating.
The versatile nature of a steak knife makes it a must-have knife tool in every chef’s knife set. The details on how versatile and beneficial the steak knife is, are stated above.